We all have those lists, things we wish we could do tomorrow but work, funds and well general life stop us. This is my top 10. Some have crept onto this list in the last 6 months, some I have been dreaming of for years and others, well, these are dreams…
1) Visit Antarctica: I mean who doesn’t want to do this – penguins, wales, stars, ice burgs! I’ve had a guide book for about 3 years now, maybe even longer. If I ever get married this is the only destination I want for my honeymoon.
2) Go interrailing: or at least see a lot more of Europe, it’s on my door step and I feel like I have just not seen enough of it. There is so much history there, so much culture, and I have only seen such a small fraction of it.
3) Trek Machu Pichu: it’s old, it’s beautiful and there are LLAMAS. I mean come on, llamas, who doesn’t want to see these guys with an epic back drop.
4) Road Trip Canada: Two months, a campervan, wildlife, who could say no! Yes I have been planning this is my head for a while now… stupid work, stupid funds.
5) Head back to Cape Town for Robben Island: I was gutted that I couldn’t go when we were there so it’s definitely on the list of places I want to see now. The history of South Africa has fascinated me. I just can’t get over how this happened, and how it really was not that long ago.
6) See the Northern Lights: they just seem so magical, and I want to stay in one of the glass igloos! “the skies awake so I’m awake” – I just want to be able to say this to The Boy!!
7) Visit Switzerland: It just looks gorgeous! literally ever part of it looks amazing.
8) Be a giant child at Disney Land or World for my birthday: who says just because you’re an adult you can’t do these things!
9) Lake Bled: okay, let’s be honest here this is because of Instagram! I’ve seen so many photos that just make it look like the most romantic place!
Bled, one of the most magical places I have ever been 🏰💕 #Bled #Slovenia #BledIsland #Ojstrica #Travelgram #DaySixteen #Interrail . . . . . . #magical #castle #church #travel #travelingram #instatravel #instagood #picoftheday #travelblog #travelblogger #irishblogger #doyoutravel #girlslovetravel #interrailing #mountains #hiking #bbg #cycling #traveller #travelphotography
10) The World, with my backpack and my boy……
This list could go on so much!
What are the places you dream of going? Do you chase the sun, or happy to have all the layers on? Is it just more, or does work get in the way of all the fun?